Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sigilization

This my numerical system of sigilization. First off, a sigil is a symbol of intent. Sigils are commonly drawn symbols but can be names, pictures, sounds, etc. Grant Morrison's comic book "the invisibles" is a form of a sigil. 


First off this is my key. Basic numerical chart. 


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
----------------- 
a b c d e f g h i 
j k l m n o p q r 
s t u v w x y z 


Now... i write my statement of intent and translate the letters into numbers. 


My intent is to protect myself from negative energies 
47 952552 91 26 7962532 471536 6964 55712945 55597951 


Next, i add the numbers of each individual word together. 
I usually do the adding in my head and not on paper to add extra energy =) 


Ex: My 4+7=11 --- 1+1=2 
when all are added together we end up with 


My intent is to protect myself from negative energies 
2 1 1 8 7 8 7 2 1 


So altogether we end up with 


211878721 


Now, i translate these numbers back into possible letters. 


2 1 1 8 7 8 7 2 1 
b a a h g h g b a 
k j j q p q p k j 
t s s z y z y t s 


From here, i create a name using a letter from each number. 
I usually choose the one that i find first, gut instinct and all. And, im not afraid to simplify! with this particular one i would 
take out a few letters just because it is so long. Generally for sigils i use every letter, but when using this for creating servitors i simplify and make the name sound neat. 


Kajhyk is what i came up with. 
From here i combine the letters of the name into a sigil. 
Yes, this does seem quite elaborate and unnecessary but it all adds energy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment