Sunday, April 22, 2012

Nov 29- Berserking





I've only been looking into the topic of berserking for a week or so now, but I feel I've always practiced occasionally in some form or another. This is my "game plan", albeit created from a limited understanding but winging it is far easier than holding true to tradition. Essentially it is entering the state of "gangr." A state of intense fury but without recklessness. This state has its obvious physical applications of course, but it is also known to be a transcendental state with a broader, more crisp awareness. I plan on using this state to direct will during ritual, i presume it will be highly effective. My first act will be of devotion. Over the next month i will obsess over the topic, always having it in my head. During this month i will very carefully design a ritual that will establish me as in initiate of this practice. Berserking being a very physical oriented state (to me at least) i feel as though i should devote myself in a very physical way. My mind immediately jumps to blood letting, but i'll have to think on it. Next, i will work on entering a state of fury. Not gangr, just fury. I have had great results in the past for invoking fury by means of a sigil, perhaps i'll try this. But, i was thinking of working myself up with music combined with visualization and past pain. I prefer metal, as it does a good job of getting me pumped as it is. As for the visualizations there was a recent dog fight i witnessed and helped break up that still gets my adrenaline pumping. Past pain, anger and fury will all be raised be recalling the memories that caused them. 


I can imagine at first the fury will be hard to harness, especially without focus. As of late my meditations have been far and few, not because i'm lazy but because i always have an empty head. But, i'm going to pick meditation up again to help retrain my focus and visualization skills. Traditionally, the norse would focus their fury by means of invoking their "fetch". That is something similar to a power animal. The animal would be the means to gangr, the transcendence from simple fury to consciously controlled fury. My animal of focus will be the jaguar, the stealthy jungle cat. I plan on invoking the jaguar often to get a feel for the focus it brings. So, i will attain focus by means of invoking the jaguar and regular meditative practices. I'll be sure to update as soon as i get into "the core" of this practice. Feel free to correct any facts, again, this is written from a narrow understanding =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment